The Bootlegger Bottle is a homebrew kit that allows you to turn any combination of fruits, juices, and concentrates, into an alcoholic beverage. Imagine the capability of creating your very own handcrafted alcoholic drink without the production process.
The Bootlegger Bottle homebrew kit uses a patent pending technology that encapsulates the yeast necessary for fermentation within a semi-permeable membrane. With this process, the sugars in your drinks are turned into alcohols within ours rather than days. Having the process greatly accelerated, Ruckus Fermentation has been able to eliminate problems such as contamination and foam formation. This technology gives you the ability to brew your very own alcohol either overnight or over a max period of five months with constant fermentation.
Even though this conventional brewing kit may seem a little dangerous for consumers, the alcohol content of the brew only reaches that of a bottle of wine. As a homebrew kit, the possibilities are endless. The Bootlegger Bottle is meant to be explored by consumers, in hopes of promoting the importance of moderate drinking.
How to Brew from Ruckus Fermentation
1) Pour the starting beverage of your choice into the Bootlegger Bottle (make sure it has a high sugar level, natural or added).
2) Close the lid and let it ferment for at least 12 hours at room temperature.
3) After fermentation is complete (when bubbles quit floating to the surface), pour your beverage into another container and store your creation in the refrigerator until chilled.
4) Cheers! Enjoy your beverage in one of our mugs!
*Adding ½ cup to 1 cup of regular table sugar and increasing the fermentation time will increase the percentage of alcohol by volume (ABV) up to 14% ABV. We recommend staying under this percentage of alcohol for the beads to perform as intended.
How to Clean
1) Use COLD WATER to rinse and a cold soapy sponge to remove any residue.
2) Fill your Bootlegger Bottle with cold water and allow the BioEx Beads to soak for 20-30 minutes. (Use the provided sanitizer
pouch every 5th or 6th batch.)
3) If the sanitizer was used, repeat the cold water rinse.
Note: Do NOT put your Bottlegger Bottle in the dishwasher or use hot water to clean it – hot water will damage the beads!
THE STEAL: $40
This article was written by Nick Warner of CrowdDistrict.